Immigration to Canada is the top trend for the last couple of decades. As far as immigration is concerned Canada is the most popular place to go and settle. But before you make your mind there are certain things you need to know before starting your process, because you have to know everything and all the requirements to save your time as well as money. As we know that thousands of people immigrated Canada and the good news is that they have still a lot of space for more people.
There are certain facts you need to know before you make your mind to apply for immigration. The main thing is there is a difference in Permanent residence and Citizenship of Canada. This article is the guide for you to know main points about Canada immigration and citizenship. The following are the options for Canada:
- Express Entry Program
- Canadian Business Immigration
- Federal Skilled Worker (FSW)
- Canadian Visit Visa
- Canadian Provincial Nomination Program (PNP)
- Saskatchewan International Skilled Worker
1 Express Entry Program
Express Entry Program is the most popular program and was initiated back in 2015 by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). It is basically the points system based on your age, qualification, occupation, language skills etc. The factor which makes is important and successful is that both Federal and Provincial Governments are satisfied with this points-based system. And Good news is that it is electronic system and it will save your time and money as well.
If you fulfill the requirement or simply you get the points required to qualify for this program, you will get the Permanent Residency within 6-8 months. If you want to check your points to know if you qualify or not, please fill our free Online Assessment Form.
After filling the free Online Assessment form and you know that you can qualify, you can initiate the process by creating your profile on Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website. After completing the profile, you will get the points you earned which is Canada Immigration Points also called Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). After that, there is a draw conducted by IRCC and if you rank top in the list based on Canada Immigration, you will be selected.
Click for complete details about Express Entry Program Assessment.
2 Federal Skilled Worker
Federal Skilled Worker Program is also one of the popular ways to target Canada as your destination and settle there. FSW is suitable for those who can become financially established after their arrival to Canada. As we can understand from the name that this category is mainly focused on the skilled persons. The main thing to justify yourself as a candidate is your level of skill supported by your education level. There are certain ways to know your eligibility for FSW. Some of those are:
- If you have full time or paid working experience of at least 12 months is last 10 years. The factor of last 10 years is the key. Also, this is important that your skill is included in the 38 categories announced in FSW. You can check it by clicking 38 categories announced in FSW. OR
- If you have spent at least 12 months in Canada as a Temporary Resident or as an International Student. This is also important that you were legal in both cases. OR
- If you are eligible for permanent full-time job announced by a registered employer in Canada.
- The level of skill must be equivalent to the Canadian Occupation Standard A & B.
- The experience must be obtained in last 10 years of the date of application.
- The candidate must have finances to support him/her and the dependents for at least six months on the arrival to Canada.
- The candidate must obtain the points required to qualify for FSW. The candidate requires at least 60 points to qualify. You can check the points by clicking Federal Skilled Worker Assessment Form.
3 Quebec Skilled Worker Program
Quebec is the second most populated province of Canada. In collaboration with Federal Government Quebec has announced its own skilled worker program known ad Quebec Skilled Worker Program. QSWP is independent of the involvement of Federal Government and other territories. The assessment is done according to the criteria introduced by Quebec Skilled Worker Program. The points system is a bit different but still very close to the Federal Points System.
This is also a fact that only the potential candidates are eligible to qualify. There are certain factors that will help you earn and lose points. An individual has to score at least 60 points based on points system. While people applying for their spouse must earn at least 68 points based on Quebec Skilled Worker Points System. The factors that will include in the points scoring are:
- Training in the trade you wish to apply
- Job Offer is an extra advantage if you have.
- Language proficiency (Both English and French)
- Having family members in Quebec
- Spouse or Common-law partner
- Financial self-sufficiency
You can your points by clicking Quebec Skilled Worker Program Assessment. If you want to get detailed information on the Quebec Skilled Worker Program you have to visit our detailed page.
Canadian Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) is another way of getting permanent residence of Canada. Each Province, except Quebec, has different PNP requirements for immigration. All the provinces have agreements with the federal government for their criteria to select candidates, depending upon the need of their provinces. Therefore, the candidate has to fulfill the requirements of the province he is planning to apply and immigrate. On this website, you will get details on all the provinces separately.
If you are planning to apply for PNP you must get Provincial Nominee Certificate from Canadian Immigration and Citizenship (CIC) Department. When you will successfully get the Provincial Nominee Certificate, you can apply for PR in the province you want to apply for. PNP is the faster way to move to Canada as compared to other Immigration programs.
The following is the list of Provinces offer PNP
- Alberta provincial nominee program
- British Columbia provincial nominee program
- Manitoba provincial nominee program
- New Brunswick provincial nominee program
- Newfoundland and Labrador provincial nominee program
- Nova Scotia provincial nominee program
- Northwest Territories provincial nominee program
- Nunavut provincial nominee program
- Ontario provincial nominee program
- Prince Edward Island (PEI) provincial nominee program
- Quebec provincial nominee program
- Saskatchewan provincial nominee program
- Yukon provincial nominee program
4 Family Class Sponsorship
This program includes the Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada who want to sponsor their family members and close relatives. The candidates who are applying for the sponsorship must be at least 18 years old when he/she applies for sponsorship. If someone is willing to apply for Family Class Sponsorship for any of his/her family member or close relative, he/she has to sign a contract with Canadian Government stating that he/she will financially support the close relative or family member. This financial support will be from 3 to 10 years from the date of arrival of the family member and close relative.
The period of the contract depends on the age of the relative or family member. The sponsorship is also affected by the nature of the relationship. The most important factor to successfully avail this program depends on the proof of the sponsor that he/she is self-sufficient. This can be proved by the sponsor by demonstrating the ability to bear the expenses of the sponsored member. Another important thing is that the candidate is living in Canada and a good law-abiding citizen. If the candidate fails any of the above, then the program will not be processed.
The eligible family member eligible for this program are:
· Parents or Grandparents
· Dependent children (Below 22 or Disabled)
· Spouse or common-law partner
- Orphaned children of your brothers and sisters (You want to adopt)
5 Business Immigration
Canada is considered as largest and advanced economies in the whole world. The major sectors include agriculture, natural resources, Information Technology, Automobiles, and Aeronautics. Canada encourages businessmen with experience who want to shine in Canada as Investors or want to run their business independently under the Federal Laws of Canada. Under this program, the Candidates are selected on the basis of their good past experience and ability to strengthen the economy of Canada. The ability of the individual is assessed on the basis of:
· Language Proficiency
This is also a fact that the individual or business class are not required to submit their proficiency certificates but they this in the communication during the process and as a communication after their successful arrival to Canada.
6 Canada Student Visa:
More than 200000 Student come to Canada to study every year. The main reason is that Canadian Education System is considered one of the highest quality education systems in the world. In order to study in Canada, you need to apply for study permit. The study permit is issued on the basis of the duration of study at the Institute approved by Canadian Education Authority.
Before applying for the study permit you must have been accepted from an approved institute or university in Canada. After you receive an acceptance from a university or institute you can apply for the study permit. The study permit is assessed on the basis to prove the following:
· You are accepted by approved institute or university.
· You have enough funds to pay your fees for the whole program
· You have enough fund to pay your and living cost including food, residence, transportation etc.
· You are a law abiding citizen with no criminal record in your past.
· You must be in good health
· You must satisfy the immigration officer that you intend to leave the country at the end of the stay authorized.
Working as a student:
One of the advantages while studying in Canada is that you can also work while studying there. There are two ways to work while studying
· If you want to work in the campus you don’t need a Work permit. You just need permission from the University management. There are limited opportunities on the campus and there is a competition to get one on campus.
· If you want to work off-campus you need a work permit to do so. It is also a fact that you get better-paid jobs outside the campus and can earn more.
During the stay of a student, the spouse or common-law partner can apply and get a work permit depending on the duration of the stay allowed by the authority. One the completion of the degree the student can apply for the work permit. This is called the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program and can be granted up to 3 years.
Click for complete details on the Canadian Student Visa.